Important information for owners who
wish to reclaim a lost/stray animal from the Collin County Animal Shelter
To Reclaim a lost/stray domestic animal (Dog, Cat
- You must have proof of current rabies vaccination for the animal,
issued by a licensed veterinarian. Metal rabies tags are not sufficient
proof of vaccination; only a written, paper certificate
issued by a veterinarian is acceptable.
- If the animal is not current on rabies vaccination, you must go
to the veterinarian of your choice and pre-pay for a rabies vaccination.
You must then submit proof that you have prepaid for a rabies vaccination
for that animal. You must also present proof of the actual vaccination
within 24 hours of the animalís release from the Shelter, or citations
will be issued.
No dog, cat or ferret will be released
without proof of current rabies vaccination.
- All applicable fees are due prior to the release of the animal (refer
to the fee
schedule for a listing of the applicable fees). We do not currently
accept credit cards. You must have cash or a check made payable to
Collin County (no third-party checks).
View the Stray/Lost Animals Currently Residing at the Collin County Animal Shelter
To reclaim lost/stray livestock:
- For each animal impounded at the Shelter, there will be a $25 impoundment
fee, plus a care/housing fee of $10 for each day of impoundment.
- All applicable fees are due prior to the release of the animal. We
do not currently accept credit cards. You must have cash or a check
made payable to Collin County (no third-party checks).