Jury trials in both the criminal and civil courts are open to the public. To find a trial that you would like to observe, click Case Record Inquiry and follow these steps:
- Select the case type from the drop down menu
- Click Court Calendar
- Under Search by, select Date Range and enter the date(s) on which you would like to observe a trial
- Enter the characters shown at the top of the screen in the field provided and click Search
A list of trials scheduled for the date range you selected will be displayed. Information includes the case type, style, judicial officer, location of the trial and the date and time the trial is scheduled. You are welcome to attend any trial and take notes.
For more information on observing a trial you may contact the following offices:
- County Court at Law Clerks Office: 972-548-6420
Criminal A & B misdemeanor cases, criminal class C appeals and civil cases
with a jurisdiction up to $200,000
- District Clerks Office: 972-548-4430
Criminal felony cases, civil cases and family court
Please Note: Courtroom attire is required. Business casual is acceptable attire. Cell phones and chewing gum are not permitted in the courtroom.