Valuable Training for Members
Collin County Medical Reserve Corps members have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of trainings. Some examples of past and future trainings are listed below:
- MRC Orientation is a training requirement for all new members to learn the history, mission, and roles the Medical Reserve Corps will play in disaster situations.
- Cultural Competency is at the heart of understanding diversity. This course promotes understanding, acknowledging, and valuing the uniqueness of individuals throughout our community. This training will provide helpful insights in order to understand, appreciate, and interact with people from cultures different than one's own.
- Heartsaver® CPR training is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches adult CPR and AED use, infant CPR, and how to relieve choking in adults and infants.
- Point of Dispensing (POD) training covers the roles, responsibilities, and functions necessary to dispense medical countermeasures (medications) to the population during a public health emergency. Training will be offered for various positions and job assignments within a POD.
- Psychological First Aid is an evidence-informed intervention for assisting children, adults, and families in the early aftermath of a disaster or traumatic event. It is designed to reduce the initial distress caused by disaster and to foster short-term and long-term adaptive function.
- Stop the Bleed is a hands-on training to control bleeding by tourniquet application, pressure, and wound packing. This course is designed for members with little or no medical training but who may be called upon as immediate responders in order to save lives.
Click here to read about Collin County MRC news and upcoming events.
Each month, Collin County Health Care Services provides information and resources on feautred health observances and topics. To view this month's Health Focus, click here