The Collin County Housing Project Finance Assistance Program has been developed to assist, through competitive grants, existing non-profit organizations to build and/or upgrade housing in Collin County. This program allows qualified organizations to apply for competitive grants to build or upgrade, such as additional rooms, handicapped facilities, etc. The grant program is administered by the Collin County Planning Board on behalf of the Collin County Housing Finance Corporation. The Collin County Housing Finance Corporation will have the final decision on awarding of grants.
- Grants will be provided for housing and sheltering;
- All grants will require matching funds which must be available when the application is made. Matching funds may be direct cash, value of land to be improved, material, or specialized in-kind services;
- All proposals must explain how grant would benefit Collin County legal entities;
- All projects must be started within 6 months of the award notification and completed within 18 months of the award date;
- Only current non-profit organizations may apply.
For more information, refer to the Collin County Housing Project Finance Assistance Application Guidelines and Instructions. The Guidelines and Instructions provide the assistance necessary to complete the Application. The Application is a fill-able form to be saved to your own computer.*
The application submission deadline is Tuesday, September 3, 2013, with the award announcement in October 2013. The original and 20 photocopies of your application packet should be submitted to Collin County Planning Board, Attn: CCHFC, 4690 Community Avenue, Suite 200, McKinney, Texas 75071. For expediency please staple upper left corner on ALL packets of information submitted.
General questions can be addressed by phoning (972) 548-3727.
*Note: If you have trouble opening or using the Funding Application document, please check that your Microsoft Word macro security is not set too high. To change this setting within Microsoft Word, go to the "Tools" menu and then select "Options". Then click on the "Security" tab and click on the "Macro Security" button. On the next window that appears, select the "Security Level" tab, change the level to "Medium" or lower, and then click the "OK" button.
Links & Resources
Collin County Housing Finance Corporation 2013 TDHCA Annual Report