Please use the following checklist as a guide to obtain a Collin
County Retail Fireworks Stand Permit. These are some of the items
we will check for upon inspection.
NOTE: "It is the responsibility of the supervisor to comply with the fireworks rules".
- Sell/store fireworks <100’ from storage and dispensing of flammables or <300’ from above ground tanks.
- Adequate off road parking provided.
- NO SMOKING signs at least 4" letters,
- Trash or cardboard boxes within 10' of stand.
- High grass/weeds within 10' of stand.
- Suitable lock to prevent unauthorized entry
- Electrical service installed in accordance
to NEC & AHJ.
- Egress clear.
- Correct number of egress doors (>16' two doors).
- Egress doors open outward and unlocked when stand opened.
- At least one 2A10BC extinguisher shall be provided.
- Main disconnect.
- Drop cords and extension cords being used.
- Electrical installation in accordance with NEC and AHJ.
- Heat or light source with open flames.
- Current "Green Tag" (see Development Services for information).
- Permit for each retail stand not connected.
- Operator at least 18YOA on duty.
- Smoking inside or within 10' of stand.
- Operator consuming or under influence of alcohol.
- No fireworks sold or offered to children under 16YOA.
- Generator at least 10' from stand.
- High grass, weeds, trash near generator.
- 6 BC extinguisher on site for generator.
- Selling from single/multifamily structure.
- Selling fireworks from tent or motor vehicle.
- Sell illegal fireworks e.g. bottle rockets, M-80's.
- Fireworks do not conform to USCPS Labeling.
- No fireworks being discharged within 300 feet from fireworks stand.
- At least one sign that reads as follows, with 4 inch letters on a contrasting background, shall be conspicuously posted on the exterior of each side of the fireworks stand: NO FIREWORKS DISCHARGED WITHIN 300 FEET.
- Displayed fireworks within reach of customer.