IMPORTANT NOTICE: All Tier II Reports are due to the State, local LEPC and Fire Department by March 1st of each year. Collin County’s LEPC receives reports in hard copy, CD or .t2s format by e-mail, email@example.com, or by mail to the Collin County LEPC.
Tier II Chemical Inventory Reports
Our Mission here is to:
- Work with business and industry to improve participation in mandatory
Tier II Chemical annual reporting and promote maximum utilization of
Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Increase awareness and emphasize importance
of reporting significant releases and up-to-date, accurate inventories.
- Obtain and provide the general public with information mandated under
EPCRA and SARA Title III; support the adopted County Emergency Response
Plan; utilize Tier II information to enhance the performance of first
responders and supporting agencies within Collin County and the region.
What Chemicals Must be Reported
Hazardous Materials subject to regulation include:
- Extremely Hazardous Substances
- Hazardous Substances
- Hazardous Chemicals over 10,000 lbs.
- Toxic Chemicals
- EPA Response Management Plan List of Toxics & Flammables
It is the responsibility of the business/industry to
determine what chemicals and corresponding Threshold Planning Quantities
(TPQ) are to be reported. Please refer to Material Safety Data Sheets
(MSDS) accompanying materials.
For Frequently Asked Questions and lists,
refer to the DSHS website or the EPA.
Failure to report can result in a Federal, state and local civil violation if:
- An incident occurs and no Tier II Report is on file with either of the above;
- A spill or release of a reportable nature is not reported within the specified time-frame as required by law, whether or not first responders were dispatched.
Additionally, responding agencies are
entitled by law to recover the costs of securing, containing, and managing
Important Dates to Remember
ALL Tier II Reports and copies are due to your local Fire Department and the Collin County LEPC by March 1st of each year, for
the previous year January 1 through December 31 (for example, filing deadline March
1st, 2008 for January 1 through December 31, 2007).
In the State of Texas Tier II Reports
may be submitted any time between January 1 and March 1; avoid
the rush and file early.
Since September 2006, all Tier II Reports required
by the Texas Department of State Health Services must be prepared electronically;
either via Tier II Submit
or mailed to the State on disk with the accompanying filing fee.