William Rohr, M.D.
Collin County Medical Examiner
700 B Wilmeth Rd.
McKinney, TX 75069
Office Hours: Weekdays 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
972-548-3775 (McKinney) *
972-424-1460 ext. 3775 (Metro) *
* To report a death after hours: 972 547-5350 (Collin County Sheriff’s Office)
The Medical Examiner, or his duly authorized deputy, shall be authorized, and it shall be his duty, to hold inquests with or without a jury within his county, in the following cases (Article 49.25, Code of Criminal Procedure):
- When a person dies within twenty-four hours after admission to a hospital, institution, prison or jail
- When any person is killed, or dies an unnatural death, except under sentence of the law or dies in the absence of one or more good witnesses
- When the body of a human being is found and the circumstances of death are unknown
- Suspicious or unlawful death
- Suicide or suspicion of suicide
- Death without having been attended by a licensed and practicing physician or the local health officer
- Any person who has been attended before death by a physician and the physician is not certain as to the cause of death.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hospital, Nursing Home Death Reporting Criteria and Other Requirements
Collin County Child Fatality Review Team
Unidentified Deceased Individuals