Please read this
before filing a public information request; it will save delays in getting what you want:
If you're looking for …
Police Records: Arrest or Accident Reports, Jailings, 911 Calls
This is not where to request police records. Contact the law enforcement agency that made or took the report: for example,
County Sheriff, Allen Police,
McKinney Police and
Plano Police. If you're seeking information on a current prisoner in the county jail,
Court Records: (Divorce Records, Criminal Cases, Traffic Tickets, lawsuits of any kind)
This is not where to request Court Records. Contact the clerks of the courts (District,
County Courts at Law,
Justice Courts). You can also verify a case number and status online here.
Land Records: Business Registrations (DBA's/Assumed Names), Deeds, Foreclosures, Liens, Marriage Licenses, Birth Certificates, Beer & wine Applications, Cattle Brands, all other Vital Records
County Clerk. You can also look up most of this information online under Deed Searches.
Taxes: Vehicle Registration, Property Tax Information/Statements
The Public Information Office’s main focus is to help the general public and media with access to open records and information on how our departments work and support the 37 elected officials within the county government framework.
Here’s a brief list of our functions:
- Oversee open records requests of county departments: Collin County maintains a vast storehouse of public records, most of which can be searched and found through our online services. For those records that aren’t online, visit our open records request page.
- Plan and implement public information programs countywide;
- Plan, design, write and edit news releases, newsletters, informational articles, pamphlets and brochures;
- Coordinate and conduct press conferences, public meetings and special events; and,
- Coordinate tours of county government facilities.
Here are some other frequently sought county links and contact information for items that may not require a formal, open records request:
- Public Notices: Public meetings, hearings, minutes, general announcements.
- County Checkbook: The first county check register made available online in the country, with information back to 2007.
For the Media: We are the main point of contact for information and interview requests for the
County Commissioners Court and the county departments that fall directly under their supervision. If you would like to receive our News Releases,
contact us. You can also follow us on
Tim Wyatt, Public Information Officer
Eric Nishimoto, Public Information Officer
Collin County Administration Building
2300 Bloomdale Rd., Suite 4192
McKinney, TX 75071
972-548-4673 or 972-548-4772 (McKinney)
972-424-1460 ext. 4673 or ext. 4772 (Metro)
Links & Resources
Open Records Requests