Early Voting for the November General Election runs Oct. 13-30. Voting locations and times are listed here

Frequently Asked Questions

Index to Questions

Questions and Answers

  • What are some of the other county child support offices and processing entities?

    Below is some of the contact information for other county child support offices and processing entities:

    Dallas County Domestic Relations Office, Child Support Division
    Phone Number: (214) 653-7584

    State of Texas Child Support Program, Office of the Attorney General
    Child Support State Office:(512) 460-6000
    Customer Support Section:(512) 231-4600

    Back to Top

  • What do I do if my child support is late?

    Collin County does not do any type of enforcement for delinquent child support. Child support is not considered late until it is 30 days delinquent based on the date ordered by the court.

    If your support is 30 days delinquent, or you have never received any child support, contact your attorney, or the Attorney General (1-800-252-8014). Collin County cannot offer any legal advice on this issue.

    Back to Top

  • I didn't receive my check, what do I do?

    If you moved, you will need to complete a Change of Address form and send to the Collin County District Clerk's Child Support Division at the address below:

    Collin County District Clerk
    P.O. Box 578
    McKinney, TX 75069

    Note that a Change Of Address request will only be accepted in writing, and must be submitted by the recipient of support. Collin County will not forward returned mail.

    If your address has not changed, and you have not received your check, you need to check with the payer's employer to verify if the check has cleared, and make arrangements for stopping payment and/or re-issuing a replacement check. Please be aware that a payment may take up to 10 days to be delivered.

    Back to Top

  • I am paying child support through the SDU. Where do I send it?

    The address for mailing child support payments is:
    Texas Child Support Disbursement Unit (TxCSDU)
    P.O. Box 659791
    San Antonio, TX 78265-9791

    Back to Top

  • The amount of child support I received is the wrong amount. What do I do?

    Contact the payer's employer, and check the withholding order to ensure the amounts are correct.

    Back to Top

  • Does the SDU offer direct deposit for child support payments?

    Yes. Complete and submit the Direct Deposit Authorization Form to the TxCSDU, which can be found on the Direct Deposit page on the TxCSDU website.

    For other payment options, view the TxCSDU Child Support Payment Options page.

    Back to Top