Honorable Lance Baxter
Russell A. Steindam Courts Building
2100 Bloomdale Road
McKinney, TX 75071
972-424-1460 ext. 3695 (Metro)
NOTE: The provisions of Canon 3B(8) of the Code of Judicial Conduct should be carefully reviewed before any person connected with a case attempts any communication with the judge or court personnel.
NEW! County Courts at Law Joint Statement Regarding Health and Safety Concerns
NEW! County Courts at Law Order Extending Joint Statement Regarding Health and Safety Concerns
CORONAVIRUS ALERT: Regarding Criminal Dockets Beginning June 1, 2020
Due to Covid-19 concerns, the Court is willing to waive both the appearance of the attorney and the Defendant at first appearance dates under the following circumstances:
- The Assistant District Attorney assigned to the court will send to the attorney upon request a waiver of appearance form to be signed by the attorney verifying receipt of the discovery, verifying the receipt of a plea offer, verifying a plea date, and verifying that the offer and plea date have been shared with the Defendant.
- On the plea date, both the Defendant and attorney must appear. The Defendant will wait in his/her vehicle in the parking lot until notified by the attorney to come into the courthouse. When notified, the defendant should proceed directly to the courtroom where the case is pending. At that time, the attorney should have ready for the defendant either a plea agreement or trial notice to sign. The attorney should work out the details of the plea in advance to reduce face to face time.
- If the waiver of appearance form is not sent to the coordinator by 5 p.m. on the day before the first appearance, the attorney and defendant must appear. Defendant should wait in his or her car in the parking lot and wait for the attorney to release him or her.
- Pro Se (self-represented) defendants will need to come to the courtroom. Defendant and attorney must wear face coverings while in the courthouse at all times. Attorneys and parties should maintain safe distances from one another at all times.
- Obviously, anyone with fever or not feeling well should stay out of the courthouse.
- If you have any questions, contact the coordinator by email at
firstname.lastname@example.org or the bailiff at
Click on the name to send an email to one of the staff members listed below.
Useful Phone Numbers
Civil Clerk: 972-548-6431
Criminal Clerk: 972-548-6428
Court Collections: 972-548-3899
Law Library: 972-548-4260
Standing Order 1: Redacting of Videos
Standing Order 2: Criminal Docket Control
Case Lookup & Court Schedules
Check the Court's Docket or get information about a specific individual case. You'll need to know the cause number or the exact name of the parties.
Download forms and rules used by the Court.
If you recently served as a juror in this Court, you are invited to give us input regarding your service.
Collin County Judiciary
Obtain other information about the judiciary in Collin County, view recent appellate opinions from cases appealed from Collin County, and more.