Current Training Labs
The Collin County Elections Department will resume virtual Volunteer Deputy Registrar training labs in late August 2021. Please check our Become a Volunteer Deputy Registrar page to find out how to
schedule an appointment to become a VDR.
Getting registered for the next VDR training lab
To register for the next VDR training lab:
1. Complete and submit this Google registration form to register for the training lab. NOTE: The registration form will close the day of the lab.
2. After the Google registration form has been processed by the Elections Department, you will receive an email confirmation with a Webex meeting link.
3. On the day of the scheduled training lab log in to the virtual training lab using the Webex meeting link provided.
4. After attending the virtual training lab a Certificate of Appointment and an Application for Appointment will be mailed to the mailing address provided on the Google registration form. Complete these forms and return them by mail or hand-delivery to:
Collin County Elections Department
2010 Redbud Blvd.
McKinney, TX 75069
5. After the Certificate of Appointment and Application for Appointment have been processed, the following items will be issued to the applicant:
- Certificate of Appointment card
- Copy of the VDR training (PowerPoint)
- Collin County VDR Guide
- Collin County VDR Reminders page
- Voter Registration Applications to be used the appointment
This issued VDR status will remain valid until December 31, 2022. At this time a VDR may reapply for VDR status in Collin County, Texas.
The Elections Department also offers in-person Volunteer Deputy Registrar trainings. These trainings are by appointment only, Monday through Thursday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call (972) 547-1900 to schedule these in-person appointments.
If you have any further questions regarding the Volunteer Deputy Registrar process in Collin County, please email us at email@example.com or call (972) 547-1900.