Eligibility of a Volunteer Deputy Registrar:
- 18 years of age or older;
- be a United States Citizen;
- not have been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be: 1) totally mentally incapacitated, or 2) partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote;
- never have been convicted of failing to deliver a voter application to a voter registrar;
- not have been finally convicted of a felony, or if convicted, must have 1) fully discharged the sentence, including any term of incarceration, parole, or supervision, or 2) been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disability to vote;
- Not have been finally convicted of identity theft under Section 32.51 of the Texas Penal code
- Be a Texas resident.
Help get people registered to vote by providing registration applications, allowing the citizen to fill out the application, and bringing the completed applications back to our office within 5 days or sooner, depending on how close to an election it is.
Contact the Elections Department during the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm to make an appointment for a brief training and to fill out an Application and Certificate of Appointment to become deputized. You will receive some voter registration applications and information to take with you. The whole process generally takes about 15 minutes.
Collin County Elections
2010 Redbud Blvd, Ste 102
McKinney, TX 75069
Monday through Thursday 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. (By appointment only.)
In order to speed up the training process, you may view the training manual prescribed by the Secretary of State:
Training for Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrars