The Collin County Historical Commission helps preserve and educate on the rich history of this county by:
- Initiating and conducting programs and activities for the preservation of our historical heritage
- Marking, interpreting, preserving, and accumulating information on our history and landmarks
- Serving as an umbrella organization for all public and private historical groups in the county, in order to encourage, support, and promote these groups’ activities
- *NEW* May 2022: CCHC Newsletter
- Landon Muller Johnson won the Student Video Competition for his video "Anna Depot and Museum"
- May 14: CCHC Sponsored Historic Bus Cruise
- Where: East Plano & Allen
- When: Saturday, May 14, 2022
- Time: 9 am - 4 pm
- Meet: 16th St. E. & G Ave., SE Corner, Plano
- From Hwy. 75, exit 15th St., go east towards downtown Plano, The first light is G Ave. Turn left. Parking lot on the right. (This is the west parking lot for the coxBuilding/PISD Administration.)
- Tour: Includes old east Plano, downtown, Heritage Farmstead Museum and other locations. Then traveling to Allen, there will be a stop a the Allen Depot and a tour of Allen's Heritage Village.
- Lunch: Dickey's BBQ, E. 14th St., Plano
- Cost: $25 per person - adults - pay on the day of the tour - cash or check only
- Pre-Register: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: May 12, 2022
- More Information: 214.458.8620
- The bus company requires all passengers to wear a mask prior to boarding the bus and for the duration of the bus trip except after deboarding the bus for a stop. The mask must be workn prior to re-boarding and during the ride to the next stop. The two seats on either side of the first row are to remain vacant at all times.
- July 11: Student Art/Poetry Competition Deadline (The Collin County Historical Commission is hosting three competitions for all K-12 students)
- July 16: Coalition Meeting
- October 1: 2022 Texas Historical Marker Narratives Deadline for markers to be submitted in 2023. Texas Historical Marker Application will be available for download in January 2023.
- October 10: Student Essay Competition Deadline (The Collin County Historical Commission is hosting three competitions for all K-12 students)
- October 20: Coalition Meeting
- Texas' only county-wide Historical Asset Survey is online
Where We've Been and Where We're Going
Our Roots: The History of Collin County, So Far
Events Calendar: Find Out What’s Happening Around the County
Heritage Directory: Look Up Local Historical Groups and Museums
Resources: Find What You Need to Preserve and Educate