​Holiday Closing: all county offices are closed Monday, May 30, for the Memorial Day holiday, and will re-open Tuesday, May 31. This includes parks offices, public works, courts and all other administrative offices.

Open Records Requests

Information concerning the Texas Public Information Act may be found at the Texas Attorney General’s Open Government Section. We also include a public posting of your rights regarding open records law in Texas.

The main requirement to submit an open records request is that it must be submitted in writing. We have posted an online form for your convenience. Please be as specific as possible in describing what you need:

Please read this before filing an opens records request:

If you’re looking for Court Records (Divorce, Civil, Criminal, Felony, Misdemeanor or Traffic Tickets) or Police Records (Arrest reports, 911 calls, Jail Bookings, Traffic Accidents), please see the information and links below. This office does not have access to these records. You must go to the sources listed below.

Court Records of any type: This is not the place to request ANY kind of court record. Judicial (or court) records of all types are typically open records, but do not fall under the guidelines of the Texas Public Information Act. They are maintained and protected exclusively by the District Clerk (for district court cases), the County Clerk (for County Court at Law cases) and the Justices of the Peace (for small claims, evictions, traffic cases, etc.) Judicial records must be requested and obtained from the clerks of these courts, not this office. Initial research to locate the proper court can be performed at our Courts & Cases indices in our Online Services section.

Police/Arrest Records: This is not the place to request police records of any kind. Police records must also be requested from the law enforcement agency that generated the report -- not from this page. For example, reports by Collin County Sheriff’s Deputies should be requested from the Collin County Sheriff’s Office; the same goes for records and reports created by Allen, Frisco, McKinney or Plano police departments.

All other requests -- that is, other than court records or police reports -- can be filed with our online form below, or 

Public Information Office 
2300 Bloomdale Rd., Suite 4154
McKinney, TX 75071

  • To submit a request by hand delivery, our mailing address is also our physical address.