The 12th annual Bulb & Perennial Mart is Saturday, Oct. 17 at Myers Park & Event Center, where North Texans who share a passion for gardening can shop for some of the best, hard-to-find heritage bulbs, and drought-tolerant perennials.
This popular event only runs for one day only, but it's loaded with shopping and educational opportunities on how to get the most out of your garden, with plants and flowers that have a proven track record for our climate and soil – many of which are not available at local nurseries.
The event will begin with an "Early Bird" seminar at 8:30 a.m., with pre-order pick-up and shopping from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Master Gardeners will be on hand to answer questions, and to conduct tours of the research and demonstration gardens as well. The event is free and there is no sales tax on purchases.
In addition to new bulbs and hard-to-find crinums, the mart organizers are showcasing four specialty garden collections:
- Butterfly & Hummingbird Garden
- Fragrant Garden
- Native & Drought Tolerant Garden
- Shade or Part-Shade Garden
Each of these four collections will include a large selection of perennials and bulbs that takes the guess work out of what to plant. Experienced and novice gardeners alike will appreciate these easy, time-saving collections.
Schedule of Events:
- 8:30 a.m. -- Early Bird Seminar
- 9 a.m. -- Pick up August Pre-Sale Bulb orders
- 9 a.m.–1 p.m. -- Bulb and Perennial Sale
- 9 a.m.–1 p.m. -- Tours of Myers Park Research & Demonstration Gardens
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m. -- Information BoothThe mart is an indoor event, so come rain or shine.
Myers Park is located at 7117 County Road 166, McKinney, TX 75071.
To find out more about The Mart call 972-548-4232 or visit the Collin County Master Gardeners Association website.