County Recycle Bins
The current county recycling program has proven to be ineffective, producing more waste and contamination issues than it solves, and does not address the recycling needs of our residents We are therefore discontinuing the program effective October 1, 2018. Other recycling resources may be available at www.timetorecycle.com
Asphalt Road Projects
Public Works staff currently estimates a delay of 12 to 18 month for Asphalt Road Projects given the size and scope of weather related damage. We humbly seek your patience as we progress through these challenges and wish to assure the citizens that our commitment to safety is unwavering. We encourage residents to report any conditions that compromise safety or create a dangerous situation. Citizens can call the Public Works office at 972-548-3700 or log a service request here on our website to report an issue.
We apologize for the inconvenience and pledge that the County will resume road paving projects as soon as practical. In the meantime, be sure to check the
County Road Paving Program webpage for any updates.
- Provide the citizens of Collin County the safest driving conditions possible through proficient construction and maintenance of all county roads and bridges.
- Maintain good public relations by providing information in a helpful and informative manner.
- Uphold the policies approved by the Commissioners Court.
- Continuously strive for construction and maintenance improvements through use of new methods and materials.
- And our newest mission...to asphalt every mile of county road within ten years.
What Is That and How Is It Done?
Heavy Metal: The Equipment of Public Works
Asphalt Down: How A Road Is Built
Recycling Roadways: Full Depth Reclamation
Criminals Amongst Us: The Illegal Dumping Problem
Local Heroes: Public Works Staff as First Responders