Reserve Bureau

Collin County Reserve Deputies are professionally trained and fully licensed Peace Officers. They are dedicated individuals who provide assistance enforcing the laws and serving the citizens of Collin County. What makes Reserve Deputies special is that these individuals provide their services with no compensation in return. And many do this while holding full time jobs. Our Reserve Deputies make a commitment to participate 42 hours every 3 months (14 hours per month).

Some of the areas that our Reserve Deputies contribute are:

    • Patrol
    • Criminal Investigation Division
    • Warrants
    • Fugitive Transfer
    • Jail Intelligence
    • Hospital Security
    • DWI Enforcement
    • Intelligence Analyst


    • You are not satisfied with your current Reserve Command,
    • You have previous Special Operations experience in the United States Armed Forces (Texas Senate House Bill 162, also known as the "Chris Kyle" bill, allows you to fast-track your licensing requirements),
    • You are a retired Police Officer or soon to be retired Peace Officer,
    • You are a Physician and would like to participate in our Tactical Physicians Unit (Peace Office license not required).
    • You are a professionally minded individual and are either a licensed Peace Officer or willing to become licensed at your own expense.

If you are not currently licensed as a Texas Peace Officer and do not have United States Military Special Operations experience the Basic Peace Officer course is available through the Collin College Law Enforcement Academy. The night time academy (if available) will take approximately 10 months to complete. Individuals that wish to enroll in this academy may complete their application to the Reserve Unit before graduation but will not be granted admittance to the Collin County Sheriff's Office Reserves until a license is obtained.

Anyone interested in joining the Reserve Unit or anyone having questions should contact Greymi Rosa at or 972-897-6317.