The following are the official social media pages of the Collin County Sheriff's Office:
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES TO REPORT A CRIME OR SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY OR TO SEEK ANY EMERGENCY PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES.
- Our social media sites and their content are actively monitored and managed by the Collin County Sheriff's Office.
- In case of emergency, please call 911.
- Do not use our social media sites to report a crime. To report a crime or suspicious activity, please call 972.547.5100. If it is an EMERGENCY or if you need police assistance, use your phone to dial 911.
- If you post information related to a crime on our social media sites, you may be publicly identifying yourself as a witness. In some instances, this may result in a subpoena or possibly endanger yourself or others.
- "Friending," "liking," and/or similar exchanges/actions between Collin County Sheriff Deputies, Detention Officers, or civilian employees and a social media user does not indicate endorsement of that user's actions or comments.
- Comments posted on our social media sites by visitors of the Collin County Sheriff's Office social media DO NOT reflect the opinion(s) of the Office. The Collin County Sheriff's Office neither endorse nor oppose, by its actions or inactions related to restriction, removal, or deletion of submissions/postings, the comments/content submitted/posted by others. Commenters alone are responsible for their comments, usernames, and/or any information or content they place or attempt to place on our social media sites.
- ALL COMMENTS submitted/posted to our social media sites are actively monitored and reviewed by the Collin County Sheriff's Office. The Collin County Sheriff's Office reserve the right to restrict, remove, or delete any posting/comment that is contrary to and/or inconsistent with the purpose of the page or in violation of the applicable terms and conditions.
- If you are looking for more information about us, please visit our
MODERATION OF THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Collin County Sheriff's Office social media sites serve as a limited public forum and are not appropriate for, or intended to accommodate, comments unrelated to the page's purpose. Consistent with the purpose of our social media sites, prohibited content includes but is not limited to the following:
- Comments not topically related to a particular posting authorized by the Collin County Sheriff's Office;
- Comments that include or constitute abusive, profane, threatening, insulting, false, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, hateful, harassing or stalking, racist, sexist, misogynistic, bigoted, homophobic, vulgar, obscene, violent, pornographic or sexual, inappropriate or offensive, and/or criminal or unlawful language or content;
- Comments that constitute, include, promote, foster, or perpetuate disparagement or discrimination of persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry or ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, handicap or disability, and/or age;
- Comments that constitute or include solicitation of commerce or promotion and/or advertisement of/for a business or commercial transaction, including but not limited to "spam" and other commercial content submitted/posted by individuals, groups, entities, or automatic software programs;
- Comments that constitute, conduct, solicit, promote, encourage or incite criminal or illegal activity or comments that otherwise incite imminent lawless action;
- Comments that constitute or include a threat to public safety or security and/or that may compromise or tend to compromise public safety or security;
- Comments that constitute or include an inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of personal data or private/personal information about any individual;
- Comments that constitute or include copyrighted or trademarked material and/or content that violates another party's legal ownership interest, submitted or posted without proper authorization/consent.
ONLY COMMENTS consistent with the Term of Use, as determined by the Collin County Sheriff's Office, and those terms and conditions established by the social media sites are welcome.
YouTube's Use of Service for more information.
- Use of this site by Collin County Sheriff's Office employees is governed by all applicable Rules & Regulations and Policies & Procedures.
- The Collin County Sheriff's Office DOES NOT ALLOW THE POSTING OF PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS, AUDIO RECORDINGS (and/or similar media) OR LINKS TO OTHER PAGES OR WEBSITES by anyone other than an authorized employee of the Collin County Sheriff's Office. The posting of such content/material/information/media is, except when posted by an authorized employee of the Sheriff's Office, STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If posted/submitted, such content/material/information/media shall be restricted, removed, and/or deleted.
- IF YOU HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH, VIDEO, OR AUDIO RECORDING (and/or similar media) you want to share with the Collin County Sheriff's Office or think the Collin County Sheriff's Office would like to share on its social media, please contact the Sheriff's Office Public Affairs Section by directly messaging the Sheriff's Office Social Media Page or email the
Public Affairs Sergeant.
- ONLY INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS, AND ENTITIES accepting and complying with the applicable terms and use established by the social media platform and the Collin County Sheriff's Office are welcome. While our social media pages are open for public inspection, only authorized users of the social media sites are permitted to submit/post a comment. The Collin County Sheriff's Office reserve the right to restrict, remove and/or block any person, group, or entity submitting and/or repeatedly submitting comment(s)/posting(s) contrary to or inconsistent with the purpose of the page, not topically related to particular postings authorized by the Sheriff's Office, and/or that violate the applicable terms and conditions.