Collin County Substance Abuse Program
900 E. Park Blvd, Suite 130
Plano, TX 75074
For general questions please email us at
Collin County Substance Abuse Program shall provide professional alcohol and drug prevention and intervention services to all Collin County residents. These services shall include assessments, referrals, information, education, and all other related services.
- Low cost substance abuse evaluations and referrals for adults
- Free substance abuse evaluations and referrals for adolescents
- Public information and education regarding drug/alcohol trends and impact of substance abuse on our community
- Substance Abuse Education Classes for adolescents receiving supervision by Collin County Juvenile Probation Department
In 1987 a task force was commissioned to conduct research to study substance abuse or substance related issues in Collin County. A group of 15 Collin County professionals sought out this information and presented their findings to the Collin County Commissioners in the spring of 1988. There proved to be a need for an agency to provide substance abuse information and education to Collin County residents.
In 1990, the Collin County Substance Abuse Program was established and would serve Collin County residents by providing the following:
- Serve Collin County as a substance abuse resource
- Provide substance abuse information
- Community education programs
- Promote early intervention
- Advocate for the development of necessary services
- Provide community organization
- Promote local public policies aimed at prevention, early intervention, and treatment
The first year Collin County Substance Abuse Program was opened 58 clients were served.
Collin County Substance Abuse Program has provided services to our community for 25 years. This program has served an annual average of 2,500 Collin County residents, schools, community organizations, state agencies and Collin County agencies.
This program will continue to strive for excellence in providing professional substance abuse evaluations, community education, and information to the general public regarding drug trends and prevention services.
Substance Abuse: A National Tragedy
Emerging Drug Trends
Substance Abuse Services
Parents: The Anti-Drug
National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign
Partnership for a Drug-Free America
National Institute of Drug Abuse or
National Institute on Drug Abuse for Teens
National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration
Texas Commission on Alcohol and Drug Abuse
National Inhalant Prevention Coalition
Collin County Health Care Services