Frequently Asked Questions

How do offenders pay fees?
All fees may be paid by mail or in person at the respective reporting offices. Offenders must pay by cashiers’ checks or money orders payable to Collin County CSCD. We do not accept cash or personal checks. Names must be printed clearly on these documents to ensure credit to proper accounts.

Are offenders allowed to move to other counties or states?
Generally, yes. Offenders who reside in other counties or states upon receiving supervision may request that their supervision be transferred. However, transfers are subject to approval of the receiving counties or states, depending on a number of different criteria. Defendants who are allowed to transfer are required to follow the local rules of supervision as well as those of Collin County.

What happens to offenders who can't make their scheduled appointments?
Offenders bear the responsibility of contacting their Supervision Officers as soon as they know they can’t keep their scheduled appointments. Rescheduling is left to officer discretion, depending on individual circumstances.

Are offenders allowed to travel outside Collin County while on supervision?
Unless prohibited by court-ordered conditions, in most cases, permission to travel may be granted by Supervision Officers on a case-by-case basis. Offenders may be asked to correct fee or behavior delinquencies, adhere to certain restrictions and/or provide itinerary and contact information prior to consideration of travel privileges.

How often are offenders required to report?
Frequency of reporting is determined by such factors as caseload assignment, risk to the community, individual needs and casework issues being addressed. Those on regular supervision are usually required to report one time per month. Depending on casework issues, offenders may be required to report two or three times a month and in rare instances, weekly or daily.