The GIS/Rural Addressing department develops and modifies the geographic database, performs spatial analyses, produces maps, and assigns rural emergency 9-1-1 street addresses for Collin County.
Goals and Objectives
- To take on and complete projects involving our GIS; this includes approved, budgeted and ad hoc projects.
- To research new technologies and techniques that will allow our department and the County to run more effectively and efficiently.
- To provide a level of community service that involves our GIS (i.e., Volunteer Fire Departments, Historical Organizations, public inquiries,etc.).
- To provide customer service to our citizens, user departments and other agencies.
- To continue to stress the importance of spatial information in decision making.