The following are the official social media pages of the Collin County Sheriff's Office:
The purpose of the Collin County Sheriff's Office social media pages is to permit authorized employees of the
Sheriff's Office to provide the public with information concerning the Collin County Sheriff's Office's
mission, goals, programs, activities, events, news, stories, photographs, and, videos and to disseminate
other information and material intended to increase public awareness of, and enhance respect for, the Collin
County Sheriff's Office and its members and employees. Please note that this is a purposefully controlled
online site established for this limited purpose, NOT A PUBLIC FORUM. All postings/comments are, in addition
to being governed by the terms and conditions established by the social media platform, subject to the
PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS OUR SOCIAL MEDIA SITES TO REPORT A CRIME OR SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY OR TO SEEK
ANY EMERGENCY PUBLIC SAFETY SERVICES.
- Our social media sites and their content are actively monitored and managed by the Collin County
- In case of emergency, please call 911.
- Do not use our social media sites to report a crime. To report a crime or suspicious activity, please
call 972.547.5100. If it is an EMERGENCY or if you need police assistance, use your phone to dial 911.
- If you post information related to a crime on our social media sites, you may be publicly identifying
yourself as a witness. In some instances, this may result in a subpoena or possibly endanger yourself or
- "Friending," "liking," and/or similar exchanges/actions between Collin County Sheriff Deputies,
Detention Officers, or civilian employees and a social media user does not indicate endorsement of that
user's actions or comments.
- Comments posted on our social media sites by visitors of the Collin County Sheriff's Office social media
DO NOT reflect the opinion(s) of the Office. The Collin County Sheriff's Office neither endorse nor
oppose, by its actions or inactions related to restriction, removal, or deletion of
submissions/postings, the comments/content submitted/posted by others. Commenters alone are responsible
for their comments, usernames, and/or any information or content they place or attempt to place on our
social media sites.
- ALL COMMENTS submitted/posted to our social media sites are actively monitored and reviewed by the
Collin County Sheriff's Office. The Collin County Sheriff's Office reserve the right to restrict,
remove, or delete any posting/comment that is contrary to and/or inconsistent with the purpose of the
page or in violation of the applicable terms and conditions.
- If you are looking for more information about us, please visit our
MODERATION OF THIRD PARTY CONTENT
The Collin County Sheriff's Office social media sites serve as a limited public
forum and are not appropriate for, or intended to accommodate, comments unrelated to
the page's purpose. Consistent with the purpose of our social media sites, prohibited content includes but is
not limited to the following:
- Comments not topically related to a particular posting authorized by the Collin County Sheriff's Office;
- Comments that include or constitute abusive, profane, threatening, insulting, false, defamatory, slanderous,
libelous, hateful, harassing or stalking, racist, sexist, misogynistic, bigoted, homophobic, vulgar,
obscene, violent, pornographic or sexual, inappropriate or offensive, and/or criminal or unlawful language
- Comments that constitute, include, promote, foster, or perpetuate disparagement or discrimination of persons
on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry or ethnicity, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, handicap or disability, and/or age;
- Comments that constitute or include solicitation of commerce or promotion and/or advertisement of/for a
business or commercial transaction, including but not limited to "spam" and other commercial content
submitted/posted by individuals, groups, entities, or automatic software programs;
- Comments that constitute, conduct, solicit, promote, encourage or incite criminal or illegal activity or
comments that otherwise incite imminent lawless action;
- Comments that constitute or include a threat to public safety or security and/or that may compromise or tend
to compromise public safety or security;
- Comments that constitute or include an inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of personal data or
private/personal information about any individual;
- Comments that constitute or include copyrighted or trademarked material and/or content that violates another
party's legal ownership interest, submitted or posted without proper authorization/consent.
ONLY COMMENTS consistent with the Term of Use, as determined by the Collin County Sheriff's Office, and those
terms and conditions established by the social media sites are welcome.
- All postings on our social media sites are voluntary and made at your own risk. Using or accessing the
social media sites and the Collin County Sheriff's Office social media sites, you are, in addition to
Office. Read Facebook's
Terms of Service, Twitter's Terms of
of Service for more information.
- Use of this site by Collin County Sheriff's Office employees is governed by all applicable Rules &
Regulations and Policies & Procedures.
- The Collin County Sheriff's Office DOES NOT ALLOW THE POSTING OF PHOTOGRAPHS, VIDEOS, AUDIO
RECORDINGS (and/or similar media) OR LINKS TO OTHER PAGES OR WEBSITES by anyone other than
an authorized employee of the Collin County Sheriff's Office. The posting of such
content/material/information/media is, except when posted by an authorized employee of the Sheriff's
Office, STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If posted/submitted, such
content/material/information/media shall be restricted, removed, and/or deleted.
- IF YOU HAVE A PHOTOGRAPH, VIDEO, OR AUDIO RECORDING (and/or similar media) you want to share with the Collin
County Sheriff's Office or think the Collin County Sheriff's Office would like to share on its social media,
please contact the Sheriff's Office Public Affairs Section by directly messaging the Sheriff's Office Social
Media Page or email the
- ONLY INDIVIDUALS, GROUPS, AND ENTITIES accepting and complying with the applicable terms and use established
by the social media platform and the Collin County Sheriff's Office are welcome. While our social media
pages are open for public inspection, only authorized users of the social media sites are permitted to
submit/post a comment. The Collin County Sheriff's Office reserve the right to restrict, remove and/or block
any person, group, or entity submitting and/or repeatedly submitting comment(s)/posting(s) contrary to or
inconsistent with the purpose of the page, not topically related to particular postings authorized by the
Sheriff's Office, and/or that violate the applicable terms and conditions.